Friday, February 22, 2008

El Guincho

If (like me) you're starting to get the late-winter stir craziness, and catch yourself staring longingly at your frisbee when you should be working (again, like me), here is some music that might help. El Guincho is a solo project by a guy named Pablo Diaz-Reixa, who stacks layers of oohs and aahs on top of steel drums, sunny guitars and lo-fi percussion to make a kind of foreign, tropical version of the Go! Team. It's like warmth for your ears.

As a side note, I think vocals are always better when you can't understand them. It's like, this song could be saying some really profound stuff! This guy could be the Spanish Shakespeare for all I know, when in reality it's probably like "I love to eat oranges! Oranges are tasty. Let's go eat some oranges."

El Guincho - Palmitos Park

El Guincho - Antillas

No comments: